Windsor Castle Farm was originally part of a 1,450 acre parcel patented in 1637 by Arthur Smith, an ancestor to the Town's founder, Arthur Smith IV. Today's Windsor Castle Park (208 acres) is anchored by the circa 1725 manor house and its eleven outbuildings.
Windsor Castle Park was entered in the Virginia Landmarks Register and the National Register of Historic Places of the National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, in August 2000.
On September 10, 1637, Arthur Smith patented 1,450 acres in Isle of Wight County. In 1742, Arthur Smith III died and left his estate to his son, Arthur Smith IV. It is estimated that the manor house was built in the middle of the 18th century.
The manor house is constructed of brick with two large chimneys at each end and covered with stucco. There are two porches, the front facing the river. Two very large rooms are on each side of a wide central hallway. There is a basement with a kitchen and storerooms; bedrooms are located upstairs.
The original colonial kitchen was separate from the house, a common arrangement because of likelihood of kitchen fires. Other historic structures on the property are the smokehouse, two mid-19th century granaries, two 20th century granaries, stables and log corncrib.
Windsor Castle Park Foundation is a 501 c 3 non-profit organization. PO Box 402, Smithfield VA 23431